More recently the palace has gone through an intervention and most of its interior was reconstructed. At the moment it maintains only the original facade, to which an upper floor has been added. In the twentieth century, the palace chapel - invoking Our Lady of Monserrate – has also been renovated and is now open for visits and ceremonies.
In the eighteenth century, the property belonged to the Meneses family, a period that was linked to the History of Portugal, because its owner, D. Luísa Clara de Portugal, aka ''Flower of the Murta'', who was a favorite of King D. João V.
The chapel has at the entrance the coat of arms granted to Damião Dias da Ribeira which dates from 1549.