The History

The origin of this palace is based on a sixteenth century noble house, progressively rebuilt during the XVII and XVIII centuries, in the hands of the Meneses family. Although little affected by the 1755 earthquake, the building eventually fell into ruin.

More recently the palace has gone through an intervention and most of its interior was reconstructed. At the moment it maintains only the original facade, to which an upper floor has been added. In the twentieth century, the palace chapel - invoking Our Lady of Monserrate – has also been renovated and is now open for visits and ceremonies.

Há referências à ''Quinta da Terrugem'' desde o século XVI, quando a propriedade principal pertencia à família Correia Barém.
No século XVIII, a propriedade passou a pertencer à família Meneses num período ligado à História de Portugal, pois a sua proprietária, D. Luísa Clara de Portugal, também conhecida como ''Flor da Murta'', era a favorita do Rei D. João V.
pxFull
pxFull
Da antiga propriedade, ainda permanece o palácio de dois andares (remodelado no século XVIII) e a varanda principal com arcos completos (século XVI). A capela tem na entrada o brasão concedido a Damião Dias da Ribeira que data de 1549.

LAYOUT

SAMPLE COLOR

Please read our documentation file to know how to change colors as you want

BACKGROUND COLOR

BACKGROUND TEXTURE